Residential Air Conditioning Repair Service in Weatherford, TX
There is nothing worse than trying to start up your AC and realizing it isn’t working the way it should. Summers in Texas are blistering, which makes a functioning cooling system a must! At Hobson AC, we understand how important it is to keep your home and family comfortable. As a third-generation, family-owned company, you can trust that we will treat your home as if it were our own. Hobson AC provides premium-quality residential air conditinoing repair services in Weatherford, TX. Our experienced technicians provide accurate diagnoses, reliable solutions, and lasting repairs for every HVAC service.
Your Local AC Contractors
Don’t trust just any air conditioning company with your AC system—trust the Hobson AC team that always works with your best interests in mind.
Air Conditioning Repair FAQs
Some of the most common issues could be with your thermostat, air filter, condenser or compressor.
Some other causes could include:
- Lack of maintenance
- Refrigerant issues
- Electrical problems
- Condensate drain issues
- Frozen evaporator coils
There are a few common reasons that a home AC unit is blowing hot air and they include air filter clogging, electrical problems, low refrigerant, evaporator coil malfunctions, or compressor problems.
Deciding whether to repair or replace your AC unit depends on several factors, including the age of your unit, the cost of repairs, the extent of the damage, and your energy efficiency goals.
Here are some general guidelines to help you make your decision:
- If your system is less than 10 years old and the repair cost is less than half the cost of a new unit, it is usually more cost-effective to repair it.
- If your unit is older than 10 years old, it is more likely to be more energy-efficient to replace it with a new unit.
- If it is making strange noises, leaking refrigerant, or not cooling your home effectively, it is a sign that it may need to be replaced.
Common Air Conditioning Unit Problems
The following are the most common AC repair problems we encounter:
- Troubles starting up – Be sure that your thermostat is set to cool and the temperature is set below room temperature. Check the breakers in your main electrical panel. Check the cover on your heating system to make sure that it’s secure. Make sure that your heating system is plugged in/switched on.
- Failing to adequately cool home – Could be caused by something as simple as a clogged filter, an aging unit, a dirty evaporative coil, or low on refrigerant charge.
- Uneven cooling temperatures throughout the home – Be sure all your registers are open first. Have your ductwork check and consider zoning solutions!
- Higher-than-usual utility bills – When was the last time you had a tune up? Yearly maintenance is recommended to keep your bills as low as possible. A dirty condensing unit (outside) or an evaporator coil (inside) could cause increased bills. Dirty air dirty filters or low refrigerant cause higher bills too.
- Excessive dust throughout the home – Every year you can deposit 5-7 lbs of dirt in your ductwork system. Having your system maintained and your ducts cleaned can extend the life of your air conditioner. It can also improve your home’s indoor air quality!
- Water leaking from the inside of the unit – One of the most important functions of your air conditioner is to remove excess humidity. If your drain line gets clogged or the drain pan rusts out it can allow water to leak into your home or damage your heating system.
- Cycling on and off constantly – In extreme hot weather your unit can run almost constantly. As long as it’s maintaining temperature within 3 degrees of the thermostat everything is good. Otherwise there may be an electrical issue or a problem with your compressor.
- Airflow is weak – There could be an issue with a disconnected duct in your attic, a problem with your blower motor, or a dirty indoor coil. It’s time to call in our Weatherford AC repair experts!
- Unusual smells coming from the ductowrk- The inside of your air handler or furnace collects the condensate from the cooling process. There is a potential for mold, mildew or algae growing in your indoor coil. It may be time to look at a germicidal light to prevent the growth of unwanted organisms.
- Strange noises coming from AC unit – Whether it's a loose component or a more complex issue, we guide you toward a quieter, more peaceful living space.
- Frequently tripped circuit breakers – If your unit is tripping a breaker it means that you are pulling more electricity than the breaker is rated for. This is definitely a problem that needs a professional repair technician to evaluate.
- Frozen indoor coil – This can be just a dirty air filter or indoor coil, a unit that is low on charge or a unit that’s blower is going out.
Reasons To Choose Hobson for Your Weatherford A/C Repair Services
To show you how much we care about providing unparalleled service, we offer the following guarantees on all our services:
- Fixed right or it’s free.
- Fixed right the first time.
- 100% satisfaction.
- Free 2nd opinions.
- Financing options.
Our team of licensed HVAC technicians receives ongoing training to ensure they can handle any air conditioner issue and provide you the correct solution.
Get the Best Air Condtioning System Services near Weatherford
For superior AC repair services in Weatherford, TX, you've arrived at the perfect destination. Our air conditioner services have earned the highest ratings in Weatherford, and our utmost satisfaction lies in restoring homes to optimal comfort levels. Count on our friendly and dependable HVAC experts to deliver an unmatched experience for all your home air conditioning repair needs.
Hobson AC Helps You Avoid HVAC Breakdowns
Nothing is worse than trying to start up your home AC unit and realizing it isn’t working as it should. Summers in Texas are blistering, which makes a functioning air conditioning system a must! At Hobson AC, we understand how important it is to keep your home and family comfortable. As a third-generation, family-owned company, you can trust that we'll treat your home and cooling systems as our own.
Get 24 Hour AC Repair Service When You Need It
We provide premium-quality air conditioning repair services, even for AC emergencies, so you can expect an accurate diagnosis, reliable solutions and lasting repairs with every service. Don’t trust just any team with your AC—trust the team that always works with your best interests in mind.